The "+" button opens a menu with the next items:
- Start New Session - Start a new remote session with the unique session code and connect with a client.
- Add This Computer / Find This Computer - Set unattended access on local computer or locate this computer in the list of devices.
- Set Unattended Access - Set unattended access on remote computer via email, link or session code.
- Create Group - Create a new "Computer Group" and move computer to the group.
View with No Computers
If there are no computers, then the Computers tab is empty. Click "Add this computer" or "email an invitation" to add new computer.
View with Computers
In the computers tab, you can connect to and manage computers that were added to your account trough ISL AlwaysOn installation.
Once you set up unattended access, you will find your computers and computer groups in the computers list.
In the table header you can find next columns:
- Alias - The column displays "Original computer name" or "Alias" if set.
Status- The column displays "Offline, Online, Active and Connected" status.
- Offline - The "Offline" status is shown when computer is NOT available to connect. ISL AlwaysOn is either disabled or not running or internet connection is not availble on the remote computer.
- Online - The "Online" status is shown when computer is available to connect.
- Active - The "Active" status is shown when remote desktop session is running by you.
- Connected - The "Connected" status is shown when the remote desktop session is running by another user.
- Last online - The column displays when the computer was last online and the connection with ISL AlwaysOn was last time detected.
- IP Address - The column displays the IP Address of the remote computer.
- Action - The column displays the "Menu" of actions for particular remote computer.
Note: Right click on table header to hide or show particular columns.
Under menu you have some additional options regarding the ISL Light application:
- Join a session - click to enter a session code provided to you by supporter and join a session as a Client.
- Settings - click to access settings for ISL Light, more information can be found in Settings chapter.
- View Log File - click to access the log file, which you can use to get additional information about previous connections, if any problems should arise, you might be asked to forward the log file to an ISL Online supporter.
- Notification Center
- About - click to access the About window. Here the current version of ISL Light will be displayed and the program will automatically check for any available updates.