History Settings set what data should be tracked, its retention period and how it should be deleted after the retention period ends. The settings are split into two categories:
The following settings can be regarded as General and are used to specify how the data should be deleted:
- Report maximum row count: Specify the maximum number of rows that are shown in History Report. (e.g. if you specify the maximum row count as 100 and there is more than 100 rows, then number will be shown as 100+)
- Allow automatic delete: Specify if automatic deletion of data is allowed. If you do not wish that data gets deleted automatically, then you will have to do it manually each time by opening the History Report and clicking on "Apply Policy". Manually deleting data gives you a better overview of what gets deleted, however it is more time consuming.
- Require successful NTP sync for automatic delete: Require a successfull NTP (Network Time Protocol) sync before executing automatic deletion. Since data is deleted based on retention period it is important that the server time is correct to avoid deleting incorrect entries.
- Delete at once count: Specify how many entries get deleted in a single event. Specifying too many entries to be deleted at once can result in a noticeable server load. That is why deletion is done in batches with delete interval in between to minimize the impact on server's performance.
- Delete interval in seconds: Specify the interval between two deletion calls. Specifying a larger interval will result in less server load but deletion will take longer to complete.
Data settings are located underneath the General Settings and act as a related group of 3 settings per module. Each group of settings is related to one specific type of data collected by ISL Conference Proxy. The groups have the following layout:
- Enable tracking: Set this to Yes to tell the ISL Conference Proxy to start tracking this type of data. After this is set to yes the data type will be show in History Report and you will be able to delete it.
- Max age (1d 2h 3m 4s): Specify the maximum amount of time the ISL Conference Proxy should save this data for. Time range should be specified in terms of days, hours, minutes and seconds. If automatic deletion is turned on then data older than this time range is deleted, otherwise it is marked for deletion and will be deleted once you click the Apply Policy button in History Report.
- Automatic delete: Set this to Yes to delete data older than max age automatically. If you set it to No, then older data is marked for deletion and will be deleted once you click the "Apply Policy" button in History Report.