Starting ISL Light
There are a few ways to start ISL Light - each way has its own benefits and usage cases. This topic will list the main ways to start ISL Light.
Default way to start ISL Light
When a user clicks on the above links, it automatically detects his/her operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) and offers the latest appropriate version of ISL Light Desk/Client for download.
You can use sample images below for linking to ISL Light from your website:
You can find more sample images in different languages here:
Start ISL Light as a specific user
- Go to http://localhost:7615/ and select the Login link in the top right corner.
- Enter the desired username (username format \\domain\user) and password, then click Login.
- Click the ISL Light entry on the left.
- You will see a list of last 10 sessions.
Note: To search through session history, click More and you will be able to specify the desired time range. You can export search results in XML format - click Export table as XML.
- Click Start New Session to start ISL Light Desk or use the links below to download ISL Light Desk and Client.
- The client can be instructed to use the ISL Light Client link mentioned in step 5 or go to http://localhost:7615/ and enter the provided session code.
Advanced start mode
- Go to http://localhost:7615/users/programs.
- Select ISL Light Desk or ISL Light Client next to the Program name.
- Set the desired options (e.g. branch, platform, customization name etc.)
- Click on the Download link to download the desired version.
There are two different approaches when you want to publish ISL Light Desk and ISL Light Client on your web page:
- Provide a link to ISL Conference Proxy that constructs ISL Light Desk or ISL Light Client each time a user clicks that link (this way, if you change a setting in your customization, users always get the latest version).
- Construct the desired executable manually and then instead of running it, save it. You can then publish it on your web page for download (this way, users get the version that you constructed - if you change a setting in your customization, you need to construct and publish the new version manually).
- You have prepared a customization with your company logo and an end-of-session dialog (we assume that this customization is called "mycustom") and would like to provide a general link that works on all supported platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) and always provides the latest available version on your ISL Conference Proxy.
ISL Light Desk: http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightDesk?custom=mycustom
ISL Light Client: http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightClient?custom=mycustom
- Same as the first example, but you would like to put separate links for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X versions of ISL Light on your web page.
ISL Light Desk for Windows: http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightDesk?custom=mycustom&platform=win32
ISL Light Desk for Linux: http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightDesk?custom=mycustom&platform=linux
ISL Light Desk for Mac (Intel): http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightDesk?custom=mycustom&platform=mac
ISL Light Desk for Mac (PowerPC): http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightDesk?custom=mycustom&platform=macppc
ISL Light Client for Windows: http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightClient?custom=mycustom&platform=win32
ISL Light Client for Linux: http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightClient?custom=mycustom&platform=linux
ISL Light Client for Mac (Intel): http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightClient?custom=mycustom&platform=mac
ISL Light Client for Mac (PowerPC): http://localhost:7615/start/ISLLightClient?custom=mycustom&platform=macppc